Three Concerti for Flute (Gergely Ittzes) Piano (Chris Lewis), Viola (John Dexter) — Anthony Newman
My current output of concerti number four, of which three are heard on this CD. The flute concerto was premiered in Budapest in spring of 2004 at the Budapest Spring Festival. It is a happy and brilliant work which was then played in the USA at the spring concert of Bedford Chamber Music.
The piano concerto has not had a performance. Because of that I have taken a computer version of the 1st movement and parts of the slow movement. The 'played' parts come from a studio recording. The structure is modeled after Beethoven's mighty 'Emperor Concerto.'
The viola work has had four performances in all, and was initially commissioned by the Viola Congress of 1985, and first performed in Boston with Marcus Thompson on viola. Unhappy with the last movement I have written a new one, in this case played by the computer!
Concerto for Flute and Chamber Orchestra
- First Movement: Andante - Allegro 11:10
- Second Movement: Larghetto - Allegro -Larghetto 6:19
- Third Movement: Rondo- Allegro Assai 7:05
Concerto for Piano and Orchestra
- First Movement: Allegro con brio 12:52
- Second Movement: Largo - Presto - Largo 10:25
- Third Movement: Rondo - Allegro di molto 6:32
Concerto for Viola and Chamber Orchestra
- First Movement: Adagio - Allegro 11:57
- Second Movement: Adagio - Allegro - Adagio 7:28
- Third Movement: Rondo - Allegro 5:54
Total time 79:44